fellow willows

It's about the love of our space. Our yard, the garden, our earth. There is something about working the soil, getting your hands dirty, planting, tending and patiently watching it grow. I will photograph many journey's in my yard, and in the outdoors.

I encourage questions, especially when it's green, growing, squirming, crawling, swimming, flying, sqeeking, chirping or just plain gross! Bring it on!

So I'm quirky..I love Nature, and all the things that come with it..that includes a desire to understand what and why, and how I can be involved, (even if observing). This blog will be about what I find, grow, rescue or identify.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Recipies

A challenge every day is..what to feed my family. I want them to have heathy choices, and introduce a large variety to their diet. I could ask my husband at lunch time (or anytime really) what he would like for dinner. I always get the same response..I'm not hungry now, how can I think of dinner???

Well moms no that it must one of the first things we plan. If the meat is frozen, it must be taken out now, if I need a particular ingredient, then I ask what errands do I have that pass 'that supermarket'. $ people to feed with very differnt tastes. yowza!

So, here are a few mix ups to my normal routine. I love to cook, and I experiment alot ( I know, my poor family..)So here is an example of tonights..twist.



Keibasa (polish sausage)
has a nice smoked flavor, but very mild.Kielbasa, kovbasa, klobasa, are common North American[1] anglicizations for a type of Eastern European sausage. Synonyms include Polish sausage, Ukrainian sausage, etc. In English, these words refer to a particular genre of sausage, common to all Eastern European countries but with substantial regional variations. In the Slavic languages, these are the generic words for all types of sausage, local or foreign.


Normally I serve keibasa with cubed potatoes, onions, peppers, in a simple chicken stock, I have a spicy mustard waiting on the side. Sometimes I even treat myself and cook cabbage. ( my husband HATES cabbage and feels anything cooked with/ or near cabbage is contaminated!)

I sliced the keibasa and put it in saute pan on med heat.

I cut onions, carrots,celery and garlic in with meat. I added vegetable stock and packet of dry italian dressing and let simmer.

I cooked radiatore whole wheat pasta with a pinch of salt.

I combined the pasta into the saute pan, added sliced baby cherry tomatoes, and a ton of romano cheese.

Served with a side salad and fresh twig of rosemary and grated Romano.

Yum. It was a bit zesty thanks to the dressing, and different texture because of the pasta. The carrots and tomatoes gave it color and contrast.

Well, everyone ate it so It passed, so I figured I'd pass it on to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment